The theme for this year is 2021: Reset. Register now and share widely. All the webinars will be recorded; some CLEs have been approved and some are pending, but if you can't attend live, go ahead and register to receive the recordings. Be sure to check out the updated FLS YouTube channel for all your training needs!
July 2021 Webinars
Updated July 2, 2021
- July 7 from 12-1: Immigration Law Updates & Hot Topics. Speakers: Nicole Avila @FLS & Adonia Simpson @AIJ (co-sponsored by PILS/CLE approved)
- July 9 from 1:00-2:30: Foster Care Adoption Finalizations: Going beyond paper pushing to ensure you and your clients are protected with Maria Bates (CLE pending).
- July 13 from 12-1:30- 2021 Family Law Legislative & Case Law Update with Tenesia C. Hall, Esq., Litigation Director at LASOCBA, and Jessica D. Thomas, Esq., Pro Bono Attorney (co-sponsored by PILS/1.5 CLEs approved)Learn how new case law and recently passed legislation impacts our client population.
- July 17 from 12-1: Advocating for Consumers and Tenants in the Legislature: How the legislative process really works and what we can do in the 2022 legislative session (co-sponsored by PILS/CLE pending)
- July 27 from 12-1:30- GAL: Advocating for undocumented minors involved in the Dependency Court and any court relief and resources. Ana Roberts Bernal, Immigration Staff Attorney & Nicolas Jose Covelli GAL Case Coordinator at LASOCBA (co-sponsored by PILS/CLE pending)Learn how to Advocate for minors involved in the Dependency Court system.
Please consider joining this site if you are a volunteer attorney, legal services advocate, law student, or law school faculty advising low income and disadvantaged clients: there are resources here to help you. You are also invited to join this site if you are a paralegal or support staff in a legal services or legal aid program. Membership is granted to legal services attorneys and staff. All others may join by express permission of the practice area leader only.
Helpful Training Links:
FLS YouTube page (recorded trainings): https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCDyqnGMwDkpvl2bKGsh5YgA/featured
Justice in Aging: http://justiceinaging.org/resources-for-advocates/webinars/
Florida Bar Legal Fuel (free resources & webinars): https://www.legalfuel.com/
Law for Black Lives: http://www.law4blacklives.org/webinars
Leadership and Supervision Links: