- Federal Medicaid Statute
- State Medicaid Statute
- Florida Administrative Code
- Florida Medicaid Managed Care: An Advocates' Guide
- Medically Needy Program (July 2015)
- DCF Income Eligibility Guidelines for Family-related Medicaid (Feb 2016)
- DCF Income Eligibility Guidelines for SSI-related Medicaid (July 2016)
- DCF Family Related Fact Sheet (April 2016)
- DCF SSI Related Fact Sheet (July 2016)
- AHCA Medicaid Summary of Services (2016)
- AHCA Offices (2016)
- DCF Program & Policies Manual (2016)
- ACHA Rules, Draft Policies, Fee Schedules & Forms (2016)
- Coverage & Limitations Handbooks (prom. before May 3, 2016)
- DCF Policy Transmittals (2000-2011)
- Medicaid Managed Assistance (MMA) Program Snapshot (Dec. 2015)
- Medicaid Long-term Care (LTC) Program Snapshot (Aug. 2016)
Welcome to Health Law Practice Area
This website provides resources to help advocates better serve Medicaid and low income Medicare beneficiaries and applicants, as well as other low income uninsured Floridians. This area is password protected. Membership and full access is available only to Florida legal services attorneys and legal services paralegals. All others by express permission of practice area leader only.
Visit the National Health Law Program (NHeLP) website for national resources regarding health care reform efforts.
Read Anne Swerlick's new article for the Florida Policy Institute about Gov. Scott's "Repeal and Replace" proposal.
See the new Kaiser Family Foundation publication that provides helpful background information on Florida’s current Medicaid program and the implications of reduced federal financing in a Medicaid block grant or per capita cap: just added to our library!
Click to find the Close the Gap Referral Form in the Library
Impact of ACA Repeal on Florida
For additional information, please visit the ACA/Medicaid defense resources located in the FL Advocate Health Law Library.
Last updated 2/17/16
Share how the ACA, Medicaid, and CHIP has helped your clients. Submit their stories to NHELP and help put a human face on healthcare.
Florida Legal Services has published "Florida Medicaid Managed Care: An Advocates' Guide."
The Florida Justice Institute has republished the Sixth Edition of the Older Floridians Handbook: Laws and Programs Affecting Older Floridians.
Submit Content for the Library
Click the "add a resource" button in the library to submit information.
Kaiser Health Content
- Viewpoints: Where Opioid Addiction Sometimes Starts; Improving End-Of-Life Care
- The Twists And Turns Of Unraveling The Health Law And Related Federal Policies
- State Highlights: Conn. Hospitals Complain About Hefty Hidden Tax In Gov.’s Budget; Wis. State Workers Would Have Fewer Choices Under Health Coverage Proposal
- Mo. Foster Care Flooded With Young Kids Of Parents Addicted To Heroin
- Artificial Blood Has Long-Bedeviled Scientists, But Breakthrough May Be On The Horizon