Welcome! This is the secure and confidential group site for the Florida Immigrant Legal Aid Alliance (FILAA), also known as the Florida Immigration Umbrella Group. This group is for attorneys and advocates providing free or low-cost immigration legal services to immigrants in Florida. This area is password protected. Membership and full access is available only to Florida legal services attorneys, paralegals, law school faculty, and clinical students representing immigrants. All others may join by express permission of the Immigration Law practice area leader only.
Click here to join FILAA. Once approved to this practice area, your email will automatically be added to our FILAA email group.
There is a fascinating new tool with county level data created by the Self-Represented Litigation Network (SRLN), that you can find here.
It has 18 different factors you can examine,
1. Population density
3. Young Adults
4. Adults (30-44)
5. Midlife Adults (45-99)
6. Seniors (60 +)
7. High school graduates
9. Vehicle access
10. Active Duty Military
12. Racial Diversity
13. Foreign Born
14. Language Other Than English Spoken at Home
16. Where Is Mobile Broadband Available?
17. How Fast Is Mobile Broadband?
18. Where Are Homes Connected to High-Speed Internet?
Share this with the others at your organization who might find it useful and let me know ways that you use it by emailing me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- He’s a Local Pillar in a Trump Town. Now He Could Be Deported.
- Texas county pulls out of program for local police to act as immigration agents
- Trump’s Soft Spot for Dreamers Alienates Immigration Hard-Liners
- The Court Fight Over A Detained DREAMer Could Have A Major Effect On All DACA Holders’ Rights
- Immigration judges in Minnesota hit wall of cases
Immigration Training and Events
- Feb 28 - Mar 01: AILA Bangkok District APAC Chapter 5th Annual Consular Processing Conference
- Mar 02 - Mar 03: 2017 AILA Northwest Regional Chapter CLE and Conference
- Mar 02: Introducing New Manual on Family Immigration & Executive Actions
- Mar 02: Municipal Legal Defense Funds: Models and Partnerships
- Mar 02 - Mar 03: Representing Victims of Law Enforcement Misconduct on the Street and in the Cell Block