Join this site if you are a volunteer attorney, legal services advocate, law student or faculty advising low income and disadvantaged clients, there are resources here to help you.
Log-in if you are already a member.
Welcome to the Veterans Practice Area
The Veterans Practice Group aims to empower Florida's attorneys by assisting with training and providing an up-to-date library of resources of all kinds. We also work to cultivate and support Florida's community of advocates by providing a state-wide network to share information.
This practice area is password restricted. Membership and full access is currently available to all Florida legal services and legal aid advocates working with veterans. Others are admitted by express permission of the practice area leader. Click here to join the Veterans Practice Area. Please note that you must join the email groups (listservs), separately, so please click here to do so.
This practice group is a partnership with the Florida Justice Technology Center.
The 2017 Veterans Conference, held in Orlando, featured speakers from Community Legal Services of Mid-Florida, Three Rivers Legal Services, Swords to Plowshares in California, Florida Coastal School of Law, and Stetson University College of Law. It was made possible by a partnership of the Project Directors' Training Initiative, Florida Justice Technology Center, and the Public Defender for the Ninth Judicial Circuit. Many thanks to all those who participated and attended!
- Why General Counsel Oppose Trump's Legal Services Cuts
- Guest Blogger Claudia Johnson: What I’ve learned in the past 9 years of helping legal aid, courts, and other non-profits create online forms to promote Access for All (Blog)
- New online resource and tool helps veterans appeal denial of benefits
- IMMIGRANT RIGHTS: Weigh your legal options
- State of Florida Women Veterans' Conference, Jun 9 - Jun 10
- Orlando VAMC 2017 LGBT Pride Month Celebration, Jun 16
- National Organization of Veterans' Advocates Fall 2017 Conference, Oct 12 - Oct 14
- View more