Key Disaster Information
- ABA Disaster Recovery Resource Center: collection of disaster planning, resources, and information for the national community.
- DisasterLegalAid.org: centralized national resource for legal aid, pro bono and criminal defender attorneys across the country on legal issues related to all types of disasters
- Disaster Recovery Center Online Locator from FEMA
- DOL web has information about disaster assistance, including Disaster Unemployment Assistance (DUA)
- Federal information about Disaster WIC
- FEMA Benefits - Assistance Levels
- FloridaLawHelp Hurricane Irma Information
- Florida WIC Information
- Florida WIC Eligibility Information
- Inventory of Emergency Laws by State
- PRI's Disaster Planning and Business Continuity Resources
- SNAP benefits - up-to-date and accurate information
- Special Needs Information by County and Florida Special Needs Registry: in order to sign up for assistance if you are a person with special needs.
- Disaster Distress Helpline: first national hotline dedicated to providing year-round disaster crisis counseling. This toll-free, multilingual, crisis support service is available 24/7 via telephone (1-800-985-5990) and SMS (text 'TalkWithUs' to 66746) to residents in the U.S. and its territories.
- Florida’s Disaster Legal Services hotline: Run by the YLD of the FL Bar, is 866-550-2929.
- Florida Emergency Information Line: 1-800-342-3557
- Florida Free Legal Answers is an online advice clinic to match low-income Floridians with licensed attorneys who can answer basic legal questions.
- Florida Lawyers’ Assistance (FLA) Program Hotline: If you're an ABA member and have been temporarily or permanently dislocated due to a disaster, please contact FLA for support at: (800) 282-8981 or via email: email@example.com.
- United Way 211: You can call 211 for non-emergency situations during disasters, such as where and how to get food help and shelter.